20 12. 2016
16 Bars 4 Hip Hop Challenge – Contest Rules & Eligibility
- Eligibility: This “16 Bars 4 Hip Hop Challenge – A Global Competition” (Global Competition) is open only to those who submit their video to “16Bars4HipHopChallenge@uhhm.org” and are between the ages 18 to 35, as of the date of entry. Employees of Universal Hip Hop Museum (UHHM), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Global Competition. The Global Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating in the Global Competition, the participant (“You”) agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of UHHM as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Global Competition.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 18, 2016 and ending January 18, 2017.
- How to Enter: The Global Competition must be entered by submitting an HD Video 1920 x 1080 NTSC of You rhyming/rapping/flowing over a beat provided by the UHHM. There must be NO profanity used in any part of the submitted HD Video.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Global Competition (the “Winner”) will receive a recording contract from the UHHM to record a Single to be released and published by the UHHM in approximately March 2017. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the UHHM to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without compensation.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected under the supervision of UHHM. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. UHHM shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 20 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as may be required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Global Competition is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT UHHM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this Global Competition, You understand and agree that UHHM, anyone acting on behalf of UHHM, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your Entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Global Competition, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, sale, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Additionally, by submitting an entry, You grant and/or transfer any and all rights and/or ownership in the Entry to the UHHM. The rights granted and/or transferred to the UHHM shall include, but are not limited to (i) the right to reproduce the Entry in copies, phonorecords, tapes, CDs, DVDs, digital files or reproduction method, (ii) the right to prepare derivative works based on the Entry, (iii) the right to distribute copies of the Entry to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, license or lending, and (iv) the right to perform or display the Entry publicly. By entering this Global Competition, You represent and warrant that your Entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of UHHM. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless UHHM from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which UHHM may be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: UHHM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Global Competition should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond UHHM’s control, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Global Competition. In such case, UHHM may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the above described action taken by UHHM.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless UHHM and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Global Competition and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Global Competition; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Global Competition or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Global Competition IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF NEW YORK, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Global Competition, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Global Competition, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in The State of New York having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees. You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Facebook: The Global Competition hosted by UHHM is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.